The "Database" page is designed for loading and viewing databases and
The database loaded on this page is used for data mining (obtaining statistics,
rules, decision trees) and is also called a "Learning Database".
Controls, placed on this page, allow to:
- Start database loading wizard for opening the target database
- Easily switch between database tables and view some fields statistics
- View tables and search for values
- Set Main table and ID field in the database
Database Page Controls
button - press it to open the
Database Loading Wizard dialog.
With the help of the Wizard you can load any database of supported type.
button - press to disconnect the EDM from the learning database.
- The structure of the database is displayed in a form of a tree. You
can switch between tables to view their details (number of records, fields
information, or to open the table ). Database type and number of tables in
the database are displayed under the database structure.
- "Main Table" list - contains all the tables, found in the
currently loaded database. The Main Table is selected automatically, but
it also can be specified by user. Note: After changing the Main
table, the "Create Rules" and "Create Decision Trees" buttons on the
"Query Forming" page will be disabled. If you are
using manual Query Forming you will
have to perform the statistics analysis before obtaining
Rules or Decision
- "ID Field" list - The ID field is selected automatically and
can only be selected from field with all unique values ("% of Unique
Values" = 100). Selecting a correct ID field is very important in case if
you are using fields from several tables for data mining.
- "View Table" - to view table records press the "View Table"
button. The table will be displayed in a separate window with controls,
allowing to sort it, or to search for some values.
- "Sort by" list - select a Field from a list to
sort a Table.
- "Search by" control - allows to find specified
values in records. Consists of three segments:
- "Field" list - for selecting a Field.
"Search by" edit for specifying the searched value.
- "Search" button - for starting a search.
- In the list of table fields you can view their types, "% of Unique
Values" and comments to fields using. For example, if the field
contains too many unique values, this means, that it will possibly give
bad results in data mining, and the comment will be "The field contains
too many unique values and is not recommended for use". For
fields, that can be used as ID , the comment will be: "The field
contains only unique values and can only be used as an ID field"
Manage Tables List
The database you use might contain hundreds of tables and sometimes at
the beginning of your work you won't know wich of them to analyse. To help
you easily switch between tables we've added a "Manage Tables List"
function. Now you only have to check a table name in the list to turn a
table on or off.
Note: in case if table was used for any of queries, turning
table off will clear query results.