Introduction to ESTARD Data Miner
Introduction to Data Mining
Step By Step Guide
Using Rules & Decision Trees
Reporting & Saving
Initial Query Settings
Initial Query Settins help avoid using fields
that contain too many unique values. Using such fields will make queries
processing very long, and data mining results might be overfitted.
"Maximum number of classes" - fields
with a larger number of unique values won't be available for selction as
"Maximum number of unique values in
fields" - use this feature to protect data mining process from using
fields with non-essential data.
Rules Query Settings
|The "Rules Query Settings" group box contains the following controls:
- "Element belongs to class(%)" - input the
probability for Decision Rules.
- "Minimum number of cases for a Rule" - the rules,
describing less than minimum number of cases, will be ignored by the program.
- "rational fields minimum value" - determines
minimum rational values that Estard Data Miner will use for the analysis.
- "Create full Rules" control - marking this control
will make Estard Data Miner to find all Decision
Rules, without cutting off unnecessary elements.
- "Create minimized Rules" control - marking the
control will allow to create minimized Rules, enougth for Classes analysis.
The overall number of Rules might be less than with "Create full Rules"
- "Maximum Rules number for a Class" - this control allows to
limit the number of created Rules. For example, if setting controls value
to 10, the program will create no more than 10 Rules for each Class.
|The Decision Tree can be created in various ways.
- "Build Automatically" control- mark it if
you want the program to decide how to create the Decision Tree.
- "Build Tree for Each Field" control - mark it if you want
to recieve a Decision Tree for each Field, marked in the "Selection of Fields"
control. Time, necessary to obtain Decision Trees is proportional to number of Fields used in analysis
- "Build starting with Field" control - mark it to create a concrete Decision Tree, strarting with the Field selected
in the list below the control.
- "Build a Single Tree" - in case if some Classes were
not defined after building the first Tree, Estard Data Miner will try to build
a new Tree. Marking this control will make Estard Data Miner to create a single
- "Stop After defining All Classes" control - will stop
Decision Trees creation in case if all Classes were defined.
Decision Tree Output Settings:
- "Clear previous Trees before adding new ones" option - clears up the
displayed Decision Trees before adding
new Decision Trees.
- "Add new Decision Trees to previously created" - if
some Decision Trees are displayed in the control on the "Decision Tree
Output" page, they won't be removed when creating a new Tree.
|Exceptions settings allow
to set the program to search for exceptions from dependencies in data. You
also can make the program to search for exceptions only for classes met in
some number of cases.
"Search for exceptions" control - allows to
turn on and off exceptions searching.
"Minimum number of Class cases" control - Classes, met in less
number of cases than set in this control, will not be searched for
"Minimum exception difference(%)" control - allows to set the
program sensitivity to exceptions.