Step 1. Class/Examined Field Selection
- "Class/Examined Field Selection" list - a list of
fields grouped by tables from the Learning
Database ("Database" page). Determine the
Class field by selecting a field from the list. View recommendations for
class field selecting.
Step 2. Selecting Examined Values - Classes
||In case if the type
of the selected Class/Examined Field is:
the corresponding page will be displayed. All
be displayed in the "Classes List" control. Select Classes for analysis from the list of
Total number of Classes is shown below the "Classes List".
||If the type
of the selected Class/Examined Field is numeral (for example - "Cash"),
you will be asked to create Classes manually with the help of controls on
You can easily add, edit or remove Classes before their Ccreation, or
recreate them in case if you've made some mistakes.
- "From(min)" edit - put in the minimum value for the
- "To(max)" edit - put in the maximum value for the
- "Add Class to the List" button - adds the values (from "From(min)" and "To(max)"
to the "Classes List".
- "Classes List" control - displays the list of Classes
to be created.
The content of this control can be edited with the help of buttons on the
right: "Delete from the List" and "Clear "Classes
- "Delete from the List" button - pressing this button will
remove the selected Class from the "Classes List".
- "Clear "Classes List" button - removes all Classes from the
- "View Field Values" button - press this button to
view statistics for values met in the class field.
Step 3. Fields Selection
||Next step is
selecting the fields to be used for analysis. For example: if fields
"Company Name" and "Address" are not selected, then no
Decision Rules or
Decision Trees will be created with the
use of these fields.
It is important to mark fields, that might contain important
For example: "Company Name" field can be marked, but it is
expected, that it will contain unique text values that do not correlate with
other values. More important in this case are fields that contain
economic or statistical data.
Class field is marked with red color.
Fields, that are not recommended for
use, are marked with grey color.
Step 4. Query Type Selection
type of query you want to process. You can create
Rules or Decision Tree.
Step 5. Query Settings
||To find out
how to start working with settings view "Getting
the Type of the Query you have selected you will be asked to form Query
In case if you have selected Rules Query, the"Rules Query Settings"
page will be shown.
- "Element belongs to class(%)" - input the
probability for Decision Rules.
- "Minimum number of cases for a Rule" - the rules,
describing less than minimum number of cases, will be ignored by the program.
- "Float fields minimum value" - determines
minimum rational values that Estard Data Miner will use for the analysis.
- "Maximum Rules number for a Class" - this control allows to
limit the number of created Rules. For example, if setting controls value
to 10, the program will create no more than 10 Rules for each Class.
||If you have
selected Decision Tree Query, the "Decision Tree
Query Settings" page will be displayed .
Decision Trees can be created in various ways.
- "Build Automatically" control- mark it if
you want the program to decide how to create the Decision Tree.
- "Build Tree for Each Field" control - mark it if you want
to recieve a Decision Tree for each Field, marked in the "Selection of Fields"
control. Time, necessary to obtain Decision Trees is proportional to number of Fields used in analysis
- "Build starting with Field" control - mark it to create a concrete Decision Tree, strarting with the Field selected
in the list below the control.
- "Build a Single Tree" - in case if some Classes were
not defined after building the first Tree, Estard Data Miner will try to build
a new Tree. Marking this control will make Estard Data Miner to create a single
- "Stop After defining All Classes" control - will stop
Decision Trees creation in case if all Classes were defined.
Decision Tree Output Settings:
- "Clear previous Trees before adding new ones" option - clears up the
displayed Decision Trees before adding
new Decision Trees.
- "Add new Decision Trees to previously created" - if
some Decision Trees are displayed in the control on the "Decision Tree
Output" page, they won't be removed when creating a new Tree.
settings allow to set the program to search for exceptions from dependencies
in data. You also can make the program to search for exceptions only for
classes met in some number of cases.
"Search for exceptions"
control - allows to turn on and off exceptions searching.
"Minimum number of Class cases" control - Classes, met in less
number of cases than set in this control, will not be searched for
"Minimum exception difference(%)" control - allows to set the
program sensitivity to exceptions.
"Other classes occurance for exception" - how many cases of other classes
can be met for the exception.
Step 6. Finishing
"Finish" button to start the data mining process.